Dilated Common Bile Duct-is it normal?

Ok, so for the past year I have had upper right quadrant pain and under rib pain, that sometimes spreads to my back. I had a normal abdominal ultrasound with normal liver function tests done about 7 months ago. I recently have had worsening pain which sent me back to the ER where I still have normal liver function... show more Ok, so for the past year I have had upper right quadrant pain and under rib pain, that sometimes spreads to my back. I had a normal abdominal ultrasound with normal liver function tests done about 7 months ago. I recently have had worsening pain which sent me back to the ER where I still have normal liver function tests, but they found Dilated common bile ducts in my liver when they did an Ultrasound, can't seem to tell me why they are dilated, and no one is giving me any answers, I look it up online and get Bile duct cancer...SCARY! I am 27 with 2 small kids, I cant have cancer, I need help! Answers? Anyone else have this problem. Also I still have my gallbladder which is also normal.