Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

An atheist facebook status I could post?

So I'm sure many of you with facebooks have seen things such as these amongst your friends in their status updates

"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?"Jesus replied, "This much" and he stretched his arms on the cross and died, If you believe in God, and your thankful for everything you have, Put this as your status."

So I was wondering, does anyone know of, or have any good ideas for a pro-atheist status I could post such as the one above? I think it would be good for people to see who I really am and where I stand, and it would give some of my fellow atheist friends something to be proud of. ^_^

Thank you in advance

Uh, thanks guys I appreciate the answers, but I was hoping for something with a little more... peace :P

Jeez hartless_hank that was... pretty heartless. Ahahah. Tis okay, it's your opinion I suppose

Favorite Answer

I asked Jesus "How much do you love me?" and he didn't answer because he doesn't exist.

If your god does not want any man to perish then he should destroy the sin before destroying the sinners. It's simple really. Is it true that in heaven all evils will not exist? Sin, death, corruption, all of these things are supposed to be thrown into oblivion or wherever, right. Well then all of the people who, by standard of the DNA that makes us sinners will not have any opportunity to sin, not have any desire to sin, it simply will not exist. So by this, why is the gift of eternal life given freely but only to those who renounce a thing that will soon be destroyed anyhow? Why is the kingdom of heaven not offered to the rest of us if in the end there will be no other option? Why does this god not destroy the evil first then open the gates so that all will enter? We will not opose him if there is no oposition to be had, we will not rise against him if there is no suffering to make us revolt, we will have no hardships to endure to fill us with envy. We will even love him that rid our universe of all but love. Why does he promise to get rid us before getting rid of that which makes turmoil?

Q: Why do all the ladies love Jesus?

A: Because He's so well hung!

Q: What does the INRI plaque above Jesus on the cross mean?

A: I'm nailed right in!

Gotta run, time to flip that baby I've got on the barbie over! I hate overcooked baby.

Source(s): A rational universe.

Today someone tried preaching to me about how I should believe in faeries and participate in these silly group rituals and how if I don't I'll suffer for all eternity after I die. Then another person tried preaching the same crap about Jesus.

or

Another beautiful Sunday morning. The sun is just rising, the birds are singing, butterflies flit through the air on a fresh breeze, and everyone else is in church missing it.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

---Friedrich Nietzsche

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

---Jean Meslier

Religion serves men as blinders serve horses.

---Eric Williams

Find more here

http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php?QuotePa...

• Vicky

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins.

I usually hide those people.

Do you really want to be as annoying as them? Don't. I never post religious stuff on facebook. My status updates are always annoying pictures of my kid or my cats, or my dog.... or youtube links... or cracked.com articles... yeah, I'm that kind of facebooker... :)

• bryan

Why do so many people believe in an imaginary sky god?

"Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...yeah, makes perfect sense."

Source(s): Your friendly neighborhood atheist.

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches"- Benjamin Franklin

Source(s): strollin troll

How about this

Nobody knows if God exists but I enjoy the attention from pretending I know. Plus I like imagining a world with no rules and no responsibilities.