Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ramadan: What is your opinion on the Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlavi, of Iran?

I have read some books on him, including some youtube videos on his interviews. What do you think of him, and the ideals he worked toward (or at least tried).

Thanks in advance.

Update:

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As Salaam to you all,

He followed his own wishes and although he was reported to be a Muslim by his titles he was not.

One of his titles was King of Kings, which is placing himself as a partner with Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) who is the King of Kings. Yet even the title of King used by some rulers is also to associate themselves by that title to Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala), which is Shirk. He who commits Shirk has left the faith of Islam (if they were ever in it).

Irrespective of their views and actions you will know a believeing person by what they say and do.

Wa Salaam

Mahmood

• 1 decade ago

he provided iranians with all sorts of religious and social freedoms but then the political freedom factor was always missing. most of the best universities of iran are built in his time or his father's. iran's military was the fifth strongest in the world in the last years of his time as a ruler of iran since he was one of the biggest costumers of american weaponry. his goal was to prove that phoenix can rise again from the ashes! being very much intrested in the magnificence of the achaemenid empire in iran, he wanted to follow foot steps of Cyrus the great. during the course in which he really lost touch with lower middle class iranians. islam was highly more respected by his people under his kingdom in comparisson to now ..under the islamic government. he opposed israel with the issue of palestine believing they had no right to be there. granted financial loans to england and japan ( hard to believe but true ). and a dollar was equal to 7 iranian tomans. Today a dollar equals more than 1000 iranian tomans.

• 1 decade ago

he was a rafidah extremist, he didn't rule by the law of Allah just like the current Iran government

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

nice name

• Tell me who he is please.

Edit: LOL I don't read!

you noe wat i mean :-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.