Mouse double-clicks on single-click?

The first Razer Copperhead mouse I had was given to me by my brother, it was a busted up old broken and bitten mouse thats survived for about 5-6 years I believe. When it just could not live with the beating pet rats and angry CS-gaming had delivered to it, I was forced to buy a new.

So since I was so amazed by the copperhead-mouse will to live, I bough the same model once more. After just about a month it started double-clicking when i single clicked. Not all the time, some times I could catch a break from the annoyance.

But it is really hard playing wow and similar games when you have to click 15 times on the quest before it actually opens up. it goes open-close, open-close, open-close and finally just plainly open.

Now what measures i have done is to update driver, carefully cleaned, checked the cord, plugged in and out, checked the cords input to the computer and the machinery right inside the input. everything is in perfect order, even the settings. Ive updated all my virus-scans and their information, and in 2 days I ran 12 various malware and virus programs in a row.

Nothing, everything is in order according to all programs and no one on Google-results for "mouse double-clicks" knows the answer...

Did my last rat scare this new one right before i unpacked it? Is he sick? Have i hurt him? Or did they sell me a faulty mouse at the computer store?

calling razor company only works if i purchased it from them directly not if i did it through a regular store, right?

• B.E.I.
    Favorite Answer

Have you checked the double click speed rate in the mouse properties? It could be set really high, or it could be a bad mouse.

Call Razer up. Mine started acting up and when I called them, they sent me a brand new one and I had it in 3 days.

EDIT: They are the manufacturer, doesn't matter where you bought it from.

The most likely thing, my friend, is that the microswitch is knackered.

Sadly, unless you're handy with a soldering iron, and being able to unsolder components ... plus you have to have a spare microswitch ... the best thing to do would be to purchase a new mouse. Sorry.

its buggered get a new one