What are the best college towns?????

any and everybody i want to hear it all. what websites can you give me. looking for a nice college town.

• Sarah
    Favorite Answer

Ithaca, New York!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca,_New_York

edit: I agree with the poster below me as well. I'm at Harvard for the summer and Cambridge is a really nice town! It's basically campus plus Harvard Square, which is a bunch of small shops and restaurants. It's a great environment.

Ok, you are getting a lot of "start up business" ideas. Did you know that only 10% of start up businesses are in business after the first year. Trust me I have already run this type of business and they are hard, all the money you make goes back into the business and you have this full time job that never pays you. I actually work in a couple of college towns right now with a different type of business. I am a supplier for the products all the other businesses that everyone just mentioned. Example: Tanning salons. I work with the owners to find additional products that they can market to bring up their revenues; energy drinks (think all night studying or partying), acne treatments (hello zitty college kids), makeup or lip treatments, etc. The trick is to find really great manufactures for each of the product lines you will broker, and then hold an open discourse with the business owners really trying to help them out. Yes, you can make money with this type of business. I do work up front, and they the business owners want to make money so they worry about sell the product lines for me. But there are a few things to consider first What college town are you in? Do you have experience in sales or management? What kind of work experience do you have? How much work are you willing to put in up front to build you income to mega $$? In other words are you patient enough to start a business? I am currently mentoring 3 other entrepreneurs using this same concept in other areas. Email me back if you have questions or want to talk more about this idea. I could even point you in the right direction for suppliers if I knew your interests.

It depends on what you consider a great college town. Lots of college students, I.E. Boston? Lots of things to do, I.E. New York or Los Angeles? Town revolves around the college? Near the beach, mountains, etc.? Small town? Big town?

It's very subjective, and hard to say without more info.

I dunno, I went to Cambridge, MA to visit my friend who is at Harvard and it seemed like a pretty awesome college town. Everyone was friendly and seemed like a really nice environment. And a short subway ride will take you right into Boston. I was only there for 3 days and loved it!