What category do Jewish people fall under: Caucasian, European, Middle Eastern or..?

or just Semitic. My friend is Israeli and was born in Israel. From what she told me that the words "Jew" and "Israeli" are synonymous with each other. She doesn't identify with white nor Arabian and my question is are Jewish people Middle Eastern, of European descent or mixed?

These are two Jewish people and they both look "white" in my eyes but they aren't European:

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID2530/im...

http://www.prohaircut.com/gallery/Bar_Refaeli_l_98...

So please inform me of the racial identity of Jewish people because I am ignorant on the topic and don't want to offend my friend.

Well if many Jews have mixed with European ethnicities can someone show me what a orginal Israelite looks like pls?

Favorite Answer

Jews have mixed with the people of the countries where they have been for 2,000 years, so Jews out of Europe look like white people. Jews from Ethiopia are black, Jews that have been in the surrounding middle eastern countries have coloration and features similar to the people there.

There's even an American Indian tribe of red hair and white skin whose religion bears a striking resemblance to Judaism. You have to remember that Solomon and Hiram (Lebanese King 3,000 years ago) sent trading ships around the world. America wasn't discovered by Chris Columbus or even Leif Erickson.

Source(s): 1 Kings 10:21-22 In the days of Solomon the king had at sea a navy of Tharshish with the navy of Hiram: once in three years came the navy of Tharshish, bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks. So king Solomon exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom.

So, first of all we need to discuss the difference between a "race" and an ethnicity. There are only three different races of humans that bare minimal difference from each other. Cuacasoids, which includes Europeans and Middle Easterners, Negroids (although this word makes many uncomfortable) which refers to people whose ancestry originates in Sub-Saharan Africa and Islands across the Southern Indian Ocean, and Mongoloids, which refers to people we generally see as East Asian. Obviously the Jewish people fall into the Caucasoid, or Caucasian, race. Then there is the term ethnicity, which refers to a cultures that are distinct because of culture practices, religion and language. Ethnicities may or may not have different physical features. For example, Chinese and Japanese are different ethnicities with slightly different features, but are the same race. This holds true for Jews as well, although they are Caucasian, they are their own ethnicity. Just like Arabs and Persians. Hope that helped and wasn't super duper confusing.

Are Jews Middle Eastern

• ?

Well I am half middle eastern and half European and I have never in my life gotten mistaken for being indian. The skin color is different and a ridiculous amount of features are different. You don't need to be an expert in the field to see that the features are different. I have heard that some indians try to lighten their skin to look more Caucasian. Many Caucasians use tanning products to get tanned skin. If you ask me ads just try to make everyone unhappy with their features no matter what color skin or what kind of hair you have so that you spend money on their products. Be proud of your nationality and features whatever they are.

Middle Eastern Jew

• Lennah

The Jews are originally from Isreal but they have migrated almost everywhere so you have Jews that are European (e.g. Sephardic Jews), Black Jews, Chinese Jews , Jews who are Middle Eastern. Most Jews I would have to say to put a race on them are Caucasian since people from Europe and Middle East are considered Caucasian. Most Jews are from those regions.

• Julio

Most Jews are Caucasian, but there's also black jews in Ethiopia and other parts of Northern Africa.

As well as converse jews of different races.

But the majority of jews have semitic (from the middle east) ancestry, even though many of them are mixed with central and southern Europeans.

edit: Well the first Hebrews looked a lot like modern day Palestinians, ironically. And still a lot of jews look like that.

There's no particular "jewish look" in theory.

Just Jews, unless you want to call the Falashas who are genetically Jewish from Ethiopia "caucasian" or the Lembas from South-Africa.

Caucasian

Jeiwsh is not a ethnicity, but a religion, but most Jews are of the caucaziod race, they are not European unless they were born in Europe. I would consider them middle eastern if they were born in..........a middle eastern country, such as Israel.