My landlord is harassing me, what should I do?

My landlord started calling/texting me 4 days before my rent was due threatening to take us to court because we were going to be late with the rent (we have NEVER been late and she had NO reason to think we were going to be late this time either) A day before our rent was due she was calling/texting me about how... show more My landlord started calling/texting me 4 days before my rent was due threatening to take us to court because we were going to be late with the rent (we have NEVER been late and she had NO reason to think we were going to be late this time either)

A day before our rent was due she was calling/texting me about how if we did not pay by the 6th there was going to be a $75 late fee. (now that she had said this we were going to wait to put the check into her bank account until the 5th or the 6th just to be spiteful because we have been dealing with her for days now)

On the 5th she told us that she was going to be filing us to eviction court and that she was sorry she had to do this. We told her that she said we had until the 6th and she let it go.

We put the check in her account at 12:00 Noon on the 6th. She called/texted us that night around 7:00 saying that her father was on his way to our house to pick up the check because if he didn't she was going to have to charge us a $75 late fee and she just didn't want us to have to do that. After we told her that the check had been deposited she started to get angry and use cuss words with us.

Meanwhile, her husband mother called us, while we were still talking to our landlord (we didn't recognize the number so we let it go to voice mail.) The voice mail said that we need to call her back immediately because she was now responsible for the unit and she needed to know where the rent was. She did not cuss or say mean things but her tone of voice was angry.

All this was happening at the same time. Our landlord then called her bank and verified that we did indeed deposit the check and she told us so.

I just don't know what to do. We are renting off of a condo owner so I don't think that I can take this to the housing authority or anything. I HATE the fact that she is getting other people to call and harass us. I don't think she can give other people our information like that. It is not like it was a collections company it was other people in her family.

We never got a notice saying that the property management was changing so why is she having someone else call us saying that they are now the property manager? Can she threaten to take us to court BEFORE our rent is even late? Can she evict us BEFORE the grace period? Can she cuss at us and call us names for NO REASON? Like I said we were very good tenants before. Only complaining when the heat wasn't working in the middle of the winter. We always paid or rent on time or before.

Help!