Would USA's economy get better if we make income taxes higher?

My theory on income taxes is that if you raise taxes on the rich, they will work much harder to make the money back they are losing in taxes. This is good for everybody because then they will not only be MORE productive and work harder, we can redistribute that wealth to poor people on the streets, who can then... show more My theory on income taxes is that if you raise taxes on the rich, they will work much harder to make the money back they are losing in taxes.

This is good for everybody because then they will not only be MORE productive and work harder, we can redistribute that wealth to poor people on the streets, who can then buy things to HELP rich people who sell things to get more sales.

Also the US Government can also use that money to build things for the greater good of everybody.

I also think we can raise interest rates MUCH higher and then the poor people who are receiving Government money would also re-invest that money in the banks at high interest returns,

and the banks would then reinvest it in corporations who will be working much harder to recover the fact that taxes are higher, which will result in BIGGER returns,

and so the economy will boom!