Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

Isn't it sad about Lindsay Lohan being sentenced to prison? Do you think the judge was unfair?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

I think the American courts and police are bullies.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No, she deserves it. Crying doesn't help anyone. She violated her parole, and that is punishable by prison time. She isn't above the law, in spite of what she and some of her diehard fans evidently believe. Anytime some immature celebrity is justly punished for breaking laws, we have some people wanting to give that person preferential treatment. That's unfair and unjust. Celebrities are subject to the same laws ordinary unknown people are, so they shouldn't commit crimes, if they dodn't want to be in jail.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yeah it's proper sad. I'd much rather have to suffer endless reports in the magazines and newspapers about how she's drinking herself to death.. much kinder.

Anyway... I heard that they are bringing out new rules for the justice system though that if you are upset and cry in court and promise you'll never do it again they will just let you go.

Of course the truly sad thing is that she's very lucky to have the lifestyle she has and instead of using it to help others less fortunate, she's used it to get drunk and become a true-blue celebrity fck-up.

Bless her and her overpaid ego...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

She knowingly violated her parole. No, the judge wasn't unfair -she knew what would happen if she did. And there are many people in a similar situation who never get the option of probation or parole.

Even if she doesn't realize it, the judge is doing her a huge favor. I went to jail before I had my charges dropped, (briefly...48 hours) and it was a wake-up call. I think it essentially saved me from getting myself and my health into worse trouble.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

The judge gave the correct sentence ! No one, no matter how rich or famous is above the law. Tears are the norm in court, especially tears of regret for having to face justice !

• 10 years ago

She violated her parole conditions and therefore deserves jail time, just like any other person. The judge did the right thing in my opinion. Being a celebrity should not give a person privileges when it comes to justice.

• No. Lindsay's an idiot.

People die as a result of drink driving. I don't get what it is the girl doesn't understand about that?

Good job you're not a judge. You can't let people off because you feel sorry for them!

• 10 years ago

Well whether you like it or not she did violate her parole and now she will be going to jail for 90 days I know this is sad but she should know better then to do something completely Stupid.

• 10 years ago

She was in Contempt of the previous judgement.

Just because she is a celeb' does not mean she must not be punished.

In fact being in the Public Eye and someone for People to aspire to, she should shoulder greater punishment when in contempt.

• 10 years ago

Not unfair at all. She deserves the same treatment as anyone else in her situation.

• 10 years ago

she deserved what she got. she is nothing but some rich brat that gets away with to much.maybe she will grow up in prison.if not she can keep going back to jail she not special.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.