Problems with Sirius Satellite Radio Reception--any advice?

Hello, I have been a Sirius subscriber for almost a year now. I have a stratus 5 plug and play radio that I had in my old ford explorer this past year, and the whole time it worked without a hitch. I had to sell my explorer at the end of the school year and bought a new car, a chevy aveo. I had the radio... show more Hello,

I have been a Sirius subscriber for almost a year now. I have a stratus 5 plug and play radio that I had in my old ford explorer this past year, and the whole time it worked without a hitch. I had to sell my explorer at the end of the school year and bought a new car, a chevy aveo. I had the radio uninstalled from the explorer and about a week ago, I had it re-installed in the aveo. Right away I noticed it was having reception problems, the music would cut in and out and there was usually only one bar of reception. I figured this was because the guys at best buy installed the antenna inside my windshield, so I brought it back and had them put it on the roof, where they placed it right next to the edge of the roof. The reception did not get any better, so I brought it back again and they had me buy a new cradle, which did nothing.

I checked a few websites and the installation manual, and they said that the antenna needed to be right in the middle of the roof, preferably on the back of the roof, where it had at least 3 inches of metal plane on all sides, and it said NOT to install it right next to the edge of the roof. However, the guys at the best buy installation center said this would make no difference and they install all satellite radio antennas on the edge of the roof like on my car. I am going to give them one more try and then if it doesnt work, I might have to cancel my subscription to Sirius, which would be a big disapointment. Does anyone know if moving the antenna to the middle of the roof like I have heard would really make that big of a difference in reception? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!