Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Was the judge for Lindsay Lohan's case too Soft.?

A judge sentenced Lindsay Lohan on Tuesday to 90 days in jail and an inpatient rehab program after finding the actress had violated the terms of her probation in a 2007 drug case.

The actress immediately burst into tears after the ruling.

Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel issued the sentence after listening to testimony from employees of an alcohol treatment program that Lohan had been ordered to attend.

Lohan missed seven classes since December, which led to the judge's harsh rebuke of Lohan moments after the "Mean Girls" star offered a tearful apology.

"I did do everything I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up," Lohan told the judge. "It wasn't vacation, it wasn't some sort of a joke."

Revel said she found Lohan's apology insincere, comparing it to "somebody who cheats and thinks it isn't cheating if she doesn't get caught."

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Yep! You also left out the part where she wasn't arrested the same day, but gets to "report" in 2 weeks. Ah it must be nice to have a vag, huh?

• ICH8TE
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

YES! People who do less than her get more time in prison! I just saw it on the news, and they said that although the sentence was 90 days, she more than likely will only do 23 days of it! "because she's a female". WTH? That chick basically gave the court system the middle finger and told them to kiss off. She went to places and did what she wanted to. 90 days was not enough time for a repeat offender. She should have gotten much more time. Her tears mean nothing to me pffft. I feel no pity for her, I'm just so sick of seeing certain people get away with murder. The TMZ guy said "they threw the book at her". Is 90 days what they call THROWING the book at someone out there in 'Hollyweird'? Give me a break! They should go to regular neighborhoods where poor "minorities" are given 1 and 2 years for a nickle bag of weed!

• cantcu
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Actually she was a little tough. Thirty days in jail for a first time should have been plenty.

Judges in a lot of ways are like parents. If you punish a child and they feel the punishment does not meet with the act, it tends to backfire on you.

• 9 years ago

No. Lohan is older and wiser now than when she did all that crap. She has learned her lesson and this judge actually got it right this time.

Having said that, if she re-offends after having received this lucky break, then she ought to be put UNDER the damn jail next time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

How is the sentence Politically influenced?

Source(s): The Courts and Congress are two different things. You Lose.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

you have to remember she is still non violent

illegal australia: this is america you dont have to answer it if you dont want to

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no it sounds about normal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.