Travel Advice for Venezuela?

I am going to backpack in Venezuela. I am looking for advice on places to see, places to avoid and any tips etc. Thanks!

I am not American. I am from New Zealand.

• Edvin
    Favorite Answer

Venezuela is well known around latinamerica, for its hosapitality, and warming actitude toward the foreigner, we always want to make them feel like home, and please them to make it travel experience unforgetable excellent, so don't be fooled by some people, from neighBoring countries, who make impertinent opinions and false acusations, so they make tasteless remarks of us, in our travel section, because they don't have their own travel section, what really is moving their will is the envy, and its hillarious because this people sugest you to travel to Colombia, one of the principal black markets for drug dealing and organized crime in the world, and im not lieing, of course this person is probably talking to you from the comodities from a high-middle class situation, maybe she hasnt been over Ciudad Bolivar in the South of Bogota City, or Potosí, where the crime is rising.

To answer your question, if you are going to backpack in Caracas, i sugest you to see the following places:

El Este el Avila and the Caracas Cable Car (East Caracas and the Avila Valley).

Parque Central (Central Square)

Paseo Los Proceres (Los Proceres Square)

Teatro Teresa Carreño (Teresas Carreño Theatre)

Galeria de Arte Nacional (National Art Gallery)

Quinta Anacuo (Anauco Mansion)

Casa Guizpuzcoana (Guizpuzcoana House)

UCV (The Central College which is a human patrimony by UNESCO)

La Casa natal del Libertador (Birth house of Simon Bolivar one of the most important Leaders of Latin American independence)

yea if ur american, i wouldnt recommend Venezuela. Go to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, etc. but prob not Venezuela.

TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE ABOUT COLOMBIA. First off, no one mentioned WHITE people, we said AMERICANS, because everyone knows already Venezuela doesnt exactly like Americans. Second, no that is not true. The only part of Colombia where there is danger of kidnap (and a very little one) is the deep south, and no one goes there because there is basically no major city there. Colombia is MUCH MUCH safer now than ever, so be sure to get your facts correct.

and I did not mean to scare you or anything. All Latin America is great, I was just saying that Americans arent usually welcome in Venezuela.

Haha it's funny how some people say it is envy. Not it is not envy my dear friend it's facts. Why would I be jealous because we dont have a "Colombia" travel section, oh yes Venezuela has one WHO HOOOO!!! And sorry dear, but the thing with the drug traffick is way far gone, that was way back in the 80s, we are in the 21st century please. Not to mention Mr. Hugo Chavez.

DONT WORRY U WILL BE OKAY IN EITHER COUNTRY, VENEZUELA OR COLOMBIA

Okay all of the places people have recommened visiting are very good. And for those saying "go to Colombia not Venezuela" seriously? As if white people aren't being kidnapped in Colombia simply cause they're white, not to mention the robbery. My cousin in Colombia was walking with his mom and had just bought some shoes and a guy stole it from them. Believe me neither one is safer than the other one.

Now some tips for your trip, know how much the currency exchange rate is b/c they'll try to rip you off. Try not to speak English b/c they assume you're a rich person.

One very touristic place to go is Warairarepano, used to be "Parque Avila".. its beautiful on the mountaintops, overlooks the whole city of Caracas (the capital).

Another beautiful part of Venezuela is Margarita, you'll think you've never seen such beautiful beaches. There are many places, one of your answerer has a great list :)

Source(s): I'm Venezuelan grew up in the capital (Caracas) however did not get to discover the real beauty of my country because of economical reasons, yet I know you will be very happy to go and meet people there and the landscape :) Wish you the best on your trip

I'm going to rephrase someone's answer:

Venezuela is well known around latinamerica for its hosapitality and warming attitude toward the foreigner: WE ADVICE THEM TO INVEST IN OUR COUNTRY FOR THERE IS NOT MANY NATIONAL INDUSTRY TO GROW, THEN WE TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING AND TREAT THEM AS IF THEY ARE THE ROBBERS (NOT WE)

We always want to make them feel like home, and please them to make it travel experience unforgetable: THAT IS WHY WE SHUT DOWN THE LIGHTS AND CLOSE OUR WATER SUPPLY AND IN THE AIRPORT WE DON'T ACCEPT DOLLARS ANYWHERE SO YOU HAVE TO TAKE A LONG WALK AND FINALLY REACH A MONEY EXCHANGE OFFICE AND WHATEVER THE EXCHANGE RATE SHOWS ON THE SIGN, FORGET IT, FOR WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU LESS MONEY FOR "ADMINISTRATION COSTS". BUT WE GOT BEAUTIFUL HOOKERS TO PLEASE THEM CHEAP (UNLESS THEY TAKE OFF WITH YOUR WALLET WHILE YOU'RE ASLEEP)

So don't be fooled by some people from neighboring countries: SPECIALLY FROM COLOMBIA, PERU, CHILE, AGRENTINA or BRAZIL (WHERE BTW, YOU'LL BE TREATED BETTER). ONLY LISTEN TO ADVISERS FROM CUBA, BOLIVIA, ECUADOR or NICARAGUA

Who make impertinent opinions and false acusations, so they make tasteless remarks of us, in our travel section, because they don't have their own travel section, what really is moving their will is the envy AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING A STOCK OF RED T-SHIRTS AND THE FACE OF CHE GUEVARA TATOOED ON YOUR ARM! AND ONLY PURCHASE GOODS IN THOSE CONVENIENT STORES THAT OUR LEADER HUGO CHAVEZ HAS TAKEN AWAY FOR DARING TO SELL ON A OFFER-DEMAND BASIS

hi add me to your msn I'm from Venezuela, on msn I can answer and advise on places to visit

msn: raulalvarado_228@hotmail.com

Venezuela is a beautiful city ... you have to know where to go .. I can help

I am the right person and able!

I will write some places in spanish you must Google them:

ISLA DE MARGARITA

LOS ROQUES

LA GRAN SABANA

EL SALTO ANGEL

COSTAS DE ARAGUA

PARQUE MORROCOY

MÉRIDA

the olny advice is for you to not go.. go to colombia... trsut me.. venezuela is getting worse everyday

If anyone asks where you'r from say "CANADA eh."