I hired a contractor to stain my deck, he didn't clean the deck and just applied stain directly..?

Now the deck looks like crap, its a brownish color, and there are area's where the stain is so heavy it's shiny, and the dirt is now trapped under the stain. It extremely dingy looking, Anything I can do? When I asked him why he didn't clean he stated power washing or using bleaches shorten the lifespan... show more Now the deck looks like crap, its a brownish color, and there are area's where the stain is so heavy it's shiny, and the dirt is now trapped under the stain. It extremely dingy looking, Anything I can do? When I asked him why he didn't clean he stated power washing or using bleaches shorten the lifespan of the deck, and while it doesn't look great it now protected. What can I do, is my deck ruined? He used Olympic oil based toner.