about Billiard Tables?

what average cost of Billiard Tables? What is also the best part of the house where i can put it?

• Ronald
    Favorite Answer

Good Afternoon Rachelle Dianne,

The price for billiard tables range from $200 to $8000. The question is, “What are you going to do with your new table?” If you are young and just want to learn to shoot, then a small cheap table will be fine. The problem is you will need a lot of room. Many people put them in the garage. You will need a room that is a minimum of 14 ft by 10 ft. even for a non regulation size (4.5x8 ft) table. My table is like a fine piece of furniture.

Billiard tables have either a slate base or a wood base. The base is covered with felt. This is the main difference for the huge price spread. The wooden base is a lot cheaper. They are sold at places like Sears. Again, if you wish to learn to shoot and just have fun, get the wood base.

Do you want to learn how to shoot real well? I would try to find a nice used bar room table. Most of them are not regulation tables. By that I mean, they are smaller in size (4x9 ft). If you take your time and look around, sometimes you can get a real good one. They are usually made with slate bases. Make sure the slate under the felt is not cracked or chipped. They are no good. They will try to cover up, hide, or repair a crack or chip mark. Most of the time you will always be able to get some or all of your money back on a slate table even if it is years old.

AS AN INVESTMENT: I got my table after I returned from Vietnam in 69’. I got my table to make money in the streets and also as an investment. I paid $400 for it. I know you are young (smile) but that was a lot of money back then. Today I could sell it, which I would never do, for over $4000. A good slate billiard table will shoot better and go up in value through the years. They become classics like a classic car. Example: I paid $1800 for my 74’ Plymouth Valiant car. Today it is worth (it is clean) $8000. I cannot take it out of the garage without someone wanting to buy it.

I get all of my billiard supplies from the web site below. The web site below does not do them justice. Their prices start at $1875. They have a lot of real neat goodies to go in a pool room. I wish you could see my pool room. There is a lot of info on the web site. The marks on the right side move the pictures after you enter. This site will give you an idea of what great tables look like.

http://www.aaabilliards.com/

I am going to pick cherries tomorrow. You and your family have a great week. Peace, from Los Angeles.

Source(s): Street pool hustler for over forty (40) years.

I guess because the middle of the billiard table looks like a pool on the top flat surface. I've always wondered this too and I can't seem to understand how a billiards table is called a pool table.

350