what performance parts to add to 2002 chevy cavalier?

the car is a 2002 chevy cavalier 2.2l 4 cylinder base coupe. i just got the car and need to make the car faster .

Update:

ok thank you what would be a good engine to swap for the car? i might have to get a new engine and might as well get a better one do you know what engine would be best to do with performance

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

swap it over for a 3.4 v6 out of a grand am/prix or a alero.

• 4 years ago

Look up the historical test data on Consumer Reports website. The Camry has consistently been one of the best and most reliable cars sold in the US, along with the Honda Accord. The Cavalier has consistently been one of the WORST and least reliable sold in the US. Keep in mind that it isn't a US vs foreign issue. The Camry has been made in the US for many years. The Cav may have been made in the US, Canada or Mexico. While the Cav has fewer miles now, in 100,000 miles the Camry will still be going strong with basic care and the Cav will likely be in the junk yard no matter how much you baby it. The fact that the Cav is $500 cheaper despite being 2 years newer and with 40,000 less miles should tell you something LOUDLY AND CLEARLY. Mile for mile the difference in price between the two will get larger, the Cav will never catch up with the Camry -- unless the Camry gets hit by a freight train running 60 MPH. A new Cavalier cost about half what a new Camry did. There's a good reason for that disparity. And while parts for the Cav might be cheaper, you'll spend far more in repairs over 100,000 miles on the Cav than you'll ever spend on the Camry. The Camry stands a darn good shot of needing nothing but ordinary maintenance to make it to 200,000 miles. The Cav will nickel and dime you to death over the years.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what performance parts to add to 2002 chevy cavalier?

the car is a 2002 chevy cavalier 2.2l 4 cylinder base coupe. i just got the car and need to make the car faster .

Source(s): performance parts add 2002 chevy cavalier: https://tr.im/nM5SP
  • Cliff
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

you want a fast vehicle, you dont start with one engineered as a fuel effecient commuter. not unless you want to throw tons of money on it and still get smoked by true performance vehicles.

by time that cavalier can take my v8 powered 5,000 lb chevy truck, you could of bought a vette.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

same old same old spark plugs,wires, cold air intake, exhaust, and if you more money u want to throw at it turbo, programer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.