Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

Should a Plaintiff in a lawsuit, participate in a deposition with the defendant's attorney. Before?

the Plaintiff actually files the lawsuit? All answers are welcome.

• Phil
    Favorite Answer

I certainly would not. You should get your lawyer and ask him though. I see no reason at all to do this. The defendant isn't a defendant yet so he has no right to compel a deposition. All you could do is tell him things that will help him defend or avoid the lawsuit. I would not do it.

I would because it can help your case and it gives something extra for the plaintiff to work with especially since when the plaintiff takes the stand the plaintiff's attorney will know what the defense will use on cross-examination. But if the case could easily swing from one verdict to another because there is a gray area in the law or some other outside factor, ask your lawyer.

• korney

I applaud this choose and desire greater will stick to and withstand help the guidelines already on the books at the same time as extending the rights to the state and local governments to be sure and act upon this occasion of illegals. The Feds do no longer do their jobs, even however the regulation is evidently spelled out for them to stick to. As an business enterprise, it relatively is unlawful for me to be sure if an worker is criminal or unlawful. we are required to fill out the I-9 variety, that's then used to help we've accomplished our jobs of checking criminal status and INS is now the choose. On one hand, American human beings think of we company vendors all are out to hire illegals. without the administration and skill to be sure if one is incredibly unlawful, we can't hearth this worker even though if he admits to being unlawful. purely the Fed. govt can determine that. we inspect their pretend SS enjoying cards, green enjoying cards, watch them declare 9 dependants @ 20 yrs previous and recognize whilst finding at them, there's a sturdy danger they are unlawful, yet we can't coach it and that's no longer our place, in accordance to the Fed. govt. those workers ***** with regard to the minimum volume taken out of their tests in this style of SS, with the aid of fact they have claimed maximum of dependents, they pay little or no state or federal earnings tax, haven't any drivers licenses, no insurance and on and on. I call this crap. The states ought to connect jointly and create law which could be utilized by employing state/community governments and agencies. greater over, the human beings ought to connect jointly and withstand our very own government and say "adequate"! DO WHAT we are saying!