Who (or What) Is The Most Overrated....?

Band

Singer

Guitarist

Bassist

Drummer

Album

Song

(in your opinion)

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i hate this word, but I'll have a go at this one.

Band - Van Halen. Runners Up: Vampire Weekend. they actually have more fans than just their mothers.

Singer - Freddie Mercury. If you don't think he's the best singer of all time on Y!A then you immediately get thumbs down.

Guitarist - Slash. Slash. and Slash. runner up: Jimmy Page.

Bassist - there really isn't one.

Drummer - Lars Ulrich

Album - the BBC6 Poll was ****. They didn't even have "The Wall" or "Appetite For Destruction"

Song - I Can't Get No Satisfaction. don't get me wrong, i love the stones. Its just baffling that this gets all the praise while "Gimme Shelter" falls short.

BTW: Townshend =/= Overrated. the guy played some of the most difficult chord progressions I've ever attempted. and to say he gets more undeserved praise than slash is blasphemy

• 1 decade ago

Band- Every Disney Channel band and Nickelback

Singer- Every Disney Channel singers and Taylor Swift

Guitarist- Kurt Cobain (Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the guy's music, but he's bloody #12 on the Rolling Stone Top 100 Guitarist list! What in hell...)

Bassist- Don't know many bassists. Sorry.

Drummer- Travis Barker of Blink-182.

Album- American Idiot from Green Day. **** sucked.

Song- Fireflies by Owl City. Actually, the guy himself is overrated too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Animal Collective

Eddie Vedder

Slash

Cliff Burton

The Rev

Dark Side Of The Moon

Hey Jude

• Juliet
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Band- Jonas Brothers and Depeche Mode.

Singer- Lady Gaga and Madonna.

Guitarist- Slash.

Bassist- Roger Waters (yes, kill me).

Drummer- I don't know... maybe Lars Urlich.

Album- The Dark Side of The Moon.

Song- It's hard to choose. The Rolling Stones- Sympathy for the Devil and R.E.M. – Losing My Religion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

all of them serve a purpose. nicely, no longer overrated, inevitably, however the different 2 incredibly do. What do you call a guy who wears a Black Sabbath T-shirt and purely knows of "Paranoid" and "Iron guy"? What do you call a individual who says his in demand purple Floyd music is the Wall? How do you disparage a individual who claims to be a prog fan, yet thinks Van der Graaf Generator is a German band? How, how, I ask you! and how might we define bands like Kiss? valuable, for some bands it relatively is a metamorphosis in creative orientation, yet whilst the adjustment is made completely for the purpose of achieving greater money, as replace into the case with Kiss, how do we clarify that? How, how, HOW? I ask you! MQ: overrated sell-out band with poser followers? overrated - Led Zeppelin sell-out - Genesis Poser followers - Radiohead So Led Genesishead. have been given it. MQ2: no longer likely. i do no longer flow to many concert activities. MQ3: Posers are not overrated or underrated, they purely 'are'. Like AC/DC. no longer undesirable, on no account sturdy...they purely 'are'. MQ4: What an overrated question. Y!A bought out with the aid of fact of folk such as you. you're one in each of these freaking poser. God! ...guy, human beings incredibly think of this way, do no longer they? BQ: Poser - somebody who claims to have information a pair of subject remember or in an area the place they actually recognize little or no. sell-out - An artist who made some variety of drastic creative replace that replace into greater as we talk obtainable than their unique or previous style. overrated - An artist or team that has attained some variety of following, and is consequently over-rated and positioned on a pedestal by employing his/her/its followers.

• Jonas Brothers

Justin Bieber

?

Pete Wentz

?

My World 2.0 (Justin Bieber)

Baby- Justin Bieber

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Band Radiohead (they've been praised to the point of insanity, they're not THAT good.)

Singer Mike Patton ( quality singer, but unfortunately fanboys have promoted him to godlike status)

Guitarist Jimmy Page (not as good as people make him out to be)

Bassist Flea

Drummer John Bonham

Album Kid A ( Amnesiac is 10x better)

Song Any song by The Beatles

• 1 decade ago

band: Guns'n'roses

singer: justin bieber (being like by 1 person is overrating him)

guitarist: tom morello

bassist: not a clue lol

drummer: joey (from slipknot) yes he is great, but not the best, which some people think...

album: death magnetic

song: anything from the pop genre

• 1 decade ago

u2...they wrote some great stuff in the 80's but I haven't been impressed thoroughly since. As far as individual people are concerned you could point your finger at almost any popular music star today. There are far more talented musicians in the world than who we hear on the radio for the most part.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Band- Jonas Brothers

Singer- Lady Gaga

Bassist- Pete Wentz (although Fall Out Boy is a good band)

Drummer- I honestly don't know

Album- Monster (Lady Gaga)

Song- One Time (Justin Biber)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.