Could Cyprus Qualify For The Euro 2012 Championships?

Favorite Answer

Cyprus ranks 4th in that group if you go by FIFA rankings. (67th while Iceland are 90th). So logically it is unlikely, but you never know!

The national football team of Cyprus has pulled off some surprising results recently (eg thrashing Ireland 5-2 and Bulgaria 4-1) and at club level its top teams have qualified for the Champion's league groups for the past two years. With countries ranking much lower than Cyprus qualifying for World Cup, the possibility qualification always exists.

group A: Germany Austria group B: Russia Slovakia group C: Italy Slovenia group D: France? Romania? group E: Netherlands Hungary group F: Croatia Greece group G: England Switzerland group H: Portugal Denmark group I: Spain Csech Rep. Why is Poland and Ukraine not interior the record?

Yes like Mali and the Maldives

What is a "Cyprus", is it a Country? just asking!

oh ok! I know Mali! I'm West African!

No chance whatsoever. If they don't finish last, they can consider it a success.