toffee asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

Do i need a tv license if i have freeview?

just thought i would ask as im looking for ways to say some money

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Hi Toffee,

Spotted your post and thought we could help.

You need a licence if you’re watching or recording programmes at the same time as they are being shown on TV. If that’s the case, whatever device you’re watching on (laptop, mobile, TV set etc) and however you’re receiving the programmes (terrestrial, freeview, satellite, internet etc), you must be covered by a TV Licence.

Hope that answers your question – do check out this link for more information: www.bit.ly/tvlgeneral, or feel free to contact us at support@tvlicensing.info.

Thanks,

TV Licensing Support

support@tvlicensing.info

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

if you cant receive any channels without a freview box and youve disconnected your aerial , you should be fine . A license is required for watching live broadcasts . Any broadcasts from anywhere via aerial or satellite . Even for online if its live but not if its not live. you dont need a licence for watching tapes or recorded material or games. you need to ensure that your set cant receive programmes. If the set has built in freeview you would need to disable it some how . have a look at the terms and conditions on the tv licensing website. you will see it only refers to receiving broadcasts .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes...you need a TV license for your TV, let alone with freeview. You also have to have a TV license for having a laptop and dvd players, as you can watch TV on your laptop and you need a TV to watch DVDs....Hope that helps

• 1 decade ago

You need a TV licence to receive or watch TV at all from any source, except:

If you watch TV online, by downloading already aired or non TV content,

If you use your TV to only view from video playback devices, such as DVD players and game consoles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.