Music "Scene" Game..............?

Ok, here is how we play, I list a music scene, you tell me what your favorite act out of that scene is. Here is the catch: I list at least one well known artist that you cannot list as your favorite. 1. Early-mid 60s Greenwich Village...other than Bob Dylan 2. Mid to late 60s San Fransisco... other than The... show more Ok, here is how we play, I list a music scene, you tell me what your
favorite act out of that scene is. Here is the catch: I list at least
one well known artist that you cannot list as your favorite.

1. Early-mid 60s Greenwich Village...other than Bob Dylan
2. Mid to late 60s San Fransisco... other than The Grateful Dead and
Jefferson Airplane
3. mid to Late 70s CBGBs... other than The Ramones and The Talking Heads

Bonus Scenes (non-rock):
4- 50s Chicago Blues... Other than Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf
5- Late 60s Early 70s Jamaica...Other than Bob Marley

Bonus Bonus Scenes (long except for lists)
6- Seattle Grunge... except for Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and
Soundgarden
7- Elephant Six.... except for Of Montreal, Apples in Stereo, Olivia
Tremor Control, Neutral Milk Hotel and Elf Power

Bonus Bonus Bonus Scenes (lets just say obscure)
8- AACM... other than Art Ensemble of Chicago and Anthony Braxton
9- Canterbury Scene... other than Soft Machine and Henry Cow
Update: Oooo, completely forgot Jack DeJohnette was in the AACM, good call on that one....

...and I think you all know I meant the Greenwich Village folk scene....but my fault for not being specific enough
Update 2: actually jimmy, i was more worried about all future answers saying velvet underground for the first one than i was about your barbra streisand answer. and it isnt necessary to change answers, but thanks for the extra effort anyway.
Update 3: hmmm... if i do another one of these as martin suggests, maybe it should include "the other AACM... other than ali akbar khan and derek trucks", and "the other greenwich village... other than barbra streisand and the village people."