Fascism and Progressivism have always been antithetical. The Fourteen Points of Fascism prove this:
14 POINTS OF FASCISM
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism
5. Rampant sexism
6. A controlled mass media
7. Obsession with national security
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together
9. Power of corporations protected
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts
12. Obsession with crime and punishment
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption
14. Fraudulent elections
NOTE: The above 14 Points was written in 2004 by Dr. Laurence Britt, a political scientist. Dr. Britt studied the fascist regimes of: Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile).
Also, Hitler's initial resentment was against those on the Left who had supposedly betrayed Germany by causing it to lose WWI.
Hitler and the Nazi's policies were Right-wing: they immediately outlawed Labor Unions, received funding from both German and foreign industrialists, they also rewarded the German industrialists, were militarist from the beginning, and attacked, imprisoned and murdered all those on the political Left.