Sakura asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 10 years ago

How did the Korean fanbase names come to be? (Like SONEs and ELFs and VIPs)?

I think Big Bang's fans are called VIP because of the one Big Bang song that goes Big Bang is VI, VI, VIP <3 But how come Suju fans are called E.L.F? And how come SNSD fans are called SONE? Wonder Girls fans are called Wonderfuls for obvious reasons, hahaha, but some of them arent so obvious. Also, please name any other fanbase names you know and the history behind them :)

Favorite Answer

Super Junior fans are called ELF because it stands for Everlasting Friends. It means that their fans will always be their fans & love them no matter what. Also, it means that their fans are more than fans to them, they're more like dear friends.

SNSD fans are called S♥NEs because it means that SNSD & their fans are one. Hence, the pronunciation of S♥NE as "So One."

Other fanbases ~

SHINee's fanclub, SHINee World is taken from the title of their first album & because Shining Land = SHINee + World. It's also known as Shawol, which is just a shortened version of the two words combined.

DBSK's fanclub, Cassiopeia, is the name of a constellation with 5 main stars & there are 5 members in DBSK. Without a star, Cassiopeia [the constellation] wouldn't be Cassiopeia so they're emphasizing the importance of every member.

2PM's fanclub is named Hottest because JYP considers 2:00PM as the hottest time of the day.

2AM's fanclub is named I am because 2AM + 2PM = One Day. I am + Hottest = I am Hottest. Very clever ~!

FT Island's fanclub is named Primadonna because it's the name of their first album's song title. It also means that their fans are the heroines of their lives.

U-Kiss' fanclub is named Kiss Me & I think the meaning behind that is pretty obvious ^^

Kara's fanclub is named Kamilia because it's a combination of the words Kara & familia.

2NE1's fanclub is named Black Jacks because Black Jacks is also known as Twenty-One.

CN Blue's fanclub is named BOICE because it's the words "voice" & "blue" combined.

ZEA's fanclub is named ZEA's Style (I think) for obvious reasons.

MBLAQ's fanclub is named A+ because all of the members' bloodtypes are A & it also means their absolute quality (from Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality) is A+.

SS501's fanclub is named Triple S because the first 2 S's are taken from the band name, which stands for Super Stars & they added on another S, which stands for supporter.

Brown Eyed Girls' fanclub is named Everlasting. Idk why though... Wish their fanclub name wasn't so close to SuJu's -_-

f(x)'s "fanclub" is named Aff(x)tion, pronounced Affection. Meaning is obvious. It's not an official fanclub yet though, just the name of their international forum.

4minute's fanclub is named 4NIA because 4minute + Mania = 4NIA.

B2ST's fanclub is named B2UTY. Obvious reasons.

Oh, I found fanclubs for individual members:

MIRacle - Mir (MBLAQ) *obvious*

Soonja - Thunder (MBLAQ) *Idk the meaning behind this one*

SeungHolics – Seungho (MBLAQ) *obvious*

Flames – Minho (SHINee) *because his nickname is Flaming Charisma*

Blingers – Jonghyun (SHINee) *because his nickname is Bling Bling*

Lockets – Key (SHINee) *key-locket, get it? :)*

M.V.Ps – Onew (SHINee) *In their debut song, Nuna You're So Pretty, Onew sings "Nuna you're my MVP"

Taemints – Taemin (SHINee) *After their debut, Taemin would always carry around candy with SHINee wrappers to give to nunas. I think this is the cutest fanclub name ever!!*

J+ - Joon (MBLAQ) *a play on MBLAQ's fanclub name, only replacing the A with his first initial*

Jaywalkers - Jay Park/Jaebeom *obvious*

I'll come back & edit if I remember/find any more fanclubs ~^.^

• Nathida5 years agoReport

I have 3 theories for Exo-L.They're quite common but...Exo-L because the letter L is in between M and K (Exo-M and Exo-K),it could stand for Exo-Love, or L is the 13th letter of the alphabet and fanbase plus Exo = 13. The last theory doesn't apply anymore because there are no longer 12 members :(

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I think Big Bang&#39;s fans are called VIP because of the one Big Bang song that goes Big Bang is VI, VI, VIP &lt;3 But how come Suju fans are called E.L.F? And how come SNSD fans are called SONE? Wonder Girls fans are called Wonderfuls for obvious reasons, hahaha, but some of them arent so...

Source(s): korean fanbase names sones elfs vips: https://bitly.im/T4DJc
  • Terri

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axv0X

SHAWOL FOREVER <3 I love many other groups but SHINee will always be number 1~ I'm also an EXOtic!

What Are Sones