Using pedals on a spider IV 30w by line6?

Is it possible to use pedals on spider IV amps by line6? Every time i try it sounds funny.

If possible what can i do to make it work? If you could get it to sound right what model did you use?

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

I have a spider just like yours but I dont use it any more. I would use pedals with it and I also noticed that the quality of the sound went way down. It depends what kind of pedal though, my whammy pedal works fine, but my boss distortion pedal makes it sound like banging on a tin can. You should just invest in a better amp, honestly. My friend had a spider and after he started using pedals, it made the amp start using all the built in effects at once for some reason so he just got rid of it. However, just to be sure, make sure your cables are good and not damaged cuz that can make a difference, also make sure your pedal are hooked correctly and in a good order, cuz a pedal going into another pedal affects the sound too.

The Spider series is developed with the concept of already having the effects built into the amp, eliminating the need for tons of effects pedals. So yeah, they do sound kind of funny with the Line 6 purely because it's not really intended to have extra effect pedals. You program the channels and then use a foot controller to switch between them.

Source(s): I use a Spider II half-stack with an FBV Shortboard controller which has a built-in wah pedal.

i used to have a spider 3, and i had to get a line6 pedal that was made for the amp, there was a port in the front that was for the pedal.

Did it sound crunchy on your very final amp? What mode are you using? Im guessing you play steel. I maximum normally hate that amp, and for modeling amps i maximum normally recommend the vox valvetronix, however the line 6 is likewise bigger for steel. initially, shrink the acquire down! Its generally in simple terms transforming into to be a muddy mess. Why do you think of you cant palm mute with a extensive muff? It in simple terms muffles it plenty greater.

It's been a while since I've used my old spider, but I've got a crybaby to work fine with it before.