What martial arts do you practice and why?

I'd like to deviate from the standard MA forum questions of "OMFG UFC BROCK LESNAR CARWIN SILVA BLAH BLAH ANY MARTIAL ARTS ARE GAY AND DON'T WORK EXCEPT THE ONES IN MMA" for a moment to ask everyone what martial arts they practice, and why? Have you been a big fan, of say, Karate and you always... show more I'd like to deviate from the standard MA forum questions of "OMFG UFC BROCK LESNAR CARWIN SILVA BLAH BLAH ANY MARTIAL ARTS ARE GAY AND DON'T WORK EXCEPT THE ONES IN MMA" for a moment to ask everyone what martial arts they practice, and why? Have you been a big fan, of say, Karate and you always wanted to do it? Do you practice Tae Kwon Do only because the price and location of the dojo is convenient?

I practice Wing Chun. I love Bruce Lee, I loved his movies, and his martial arts roots are in Wing Chun, so when i found out my uncle knows it, I immediately started learning off him.
Update: Wow, pugpaws. Didn't see that coming. Very interesting, very in-depth. I've seen you answering around the MA forums but I didn't know you learned so much. It was like a mini-autobiography.
Update 2: Many had great answers and I was impressed by the amount of detail put to them. So I can't choose a best answer, I'll let people vote on it.