Follow up to dropping off a resume... what to say!? :) Tnx!?

I droppped my resume off like 1 month ago at a retail store and i told them that i could work all day anyday the whole summer ( which i think is pretty good lol ) and they still havent called me for an interview... what do i say when i call to follow up... PLZ HELP ME!

Thanksss lol!

Favorite Answer

A month is a bit long, you usually need to follow-up after a week. All you have to do though is call or go talk to the manager. The conversation should go like this. "Hi my name is Jane Doe. I recently put in an application. I am very interested in working here at ABC clothing store. Are you currently hiring?" If they say no then ask them if they know of any time in the near future that they may be hiring. That is all there is to it. You just have to talk to the right person and be there at the right time showing them that you are interested.

You can still follow up, a month isn't too bad. I am a recruiter for a Fortune 25 company, and I will look at resumes for up to 3 months. It will just take showing the interest for the job, and making sure you dress to impress. Be sure to speak professionally, odds are if you dropped off your application with the wrong person in the store, it got tossed. Go in and ask to speak with the general manager, or the operations manager. They are the decision makers.