Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 10 years ago

Does leaving food in front of the computer make it poisonous?

Hey, all those rays and stuff!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Anything emitted from your PC will be negligible, not to mention the chassis is electromagnetically shielded.

    So your food should be just fine — that is of course, unless you've left it there long enough for it to go off!

    • Login to reply the answers
  • lare
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    you must be thinking of the x-rays from old fashioned CRT displays. most modern computers and laptops are LCD which do not generate x-rays. actually, x-rays would kill bacteria on food making it sterile which is the opposite of poisonous. some computers may have metal toxins inside, you would need to take your food and smear it around the inside of the computer and then eat it. i don't think anyone has tried that, yet.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

    no...there is no such thing !!!

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.