How do you turn left over hot dog and hamburger rolls into dried bread crumbs that wold keep for awhile?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Put them into the freezer but I'm sure most folks will say toast them, but I have found this method works better and once you need them just throw them in a conventional oven to toast them.

• Liz
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Cut them into small pieces and place on a bake sheet. Gently dry out in a low oven. Once dried out put a small amount at a time in a food processor. These bread crumbs will keep for a very long time.

• 10 years ago

Open them up and leave them out to get really stale. You want them as dry as possible. Then just put them in the food processor. Store in zip bag in the fridge or freezer. I have kept bread heals in the freezer to use later for bread crumbs.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Toast them lightly then leave them out to dry overnight. Then crumble them with your hands and store the crumbs in the freezer in a Zip Lock bag.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

If they are really dry, you can use a grater to make the crumbs or a food processor if you have one. Freeze in a storage bag and they will last you a good long while.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Leave them completely open out of the package a day or two. Leave them intact until you need them then crush into a bowl or use a paper or plastic bag and smash them(stand on them) while in the bag with a rag on top of the bag.Store them in tupper ware when completely dry or a paper bag.

• 10 years ago

put them into the oven on warm for 30 min, then chop them up

then keep them in a paper bag until ready to use

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.