Kayla asked in TravelCanadaQuebec · 1 decade ago

Where's a really close hotel to Parc Jean-Drapeau?

I'm going to the Heavy MTL festival on July 24th & 25th of this month and I was wondering if any locals or people who have been to the park in the past have any idea of a really close place, that's relatively affordable.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre Ville, 380 Sherbrooke Street West, Downtown. It is 3 star and very reasonable with superb recreational facilities and very comfortable. Has non smoking rooms.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

According to Google Maps, the hotel Mark is suggesting is 7.6km away from the Parc Jean-Drapeau, which is almost 5 miles. While that's not an especially big distance, there are hotels closer to that park than that, and almost certainly cheaper than Hilton, which as presumably young concert-goers might be more within your budget.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=H%C3%B4tels%20...

Location might not be as important as you think, however, seeing as the Montréal subway ("métro") is both safe and reliable, and Jean-Drapeau station is located very close to where you'll be seeing the concert. The only potential problem would be if the concert ends very late, since the métro shuts down for the night at roughly 1 in the morning, which would probably mean needing to hail a cab if your hotel is not within walking distance.

I hope this helps. Have a great time up there.

Source(s): Frequent traveler to Montréal and Québec City.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi from Montreal,

You just need to be close to the Metro (subway) Since the fastest way to go to Jean Drapeau park is using the metro line yellow, 1st stop. You take it from the Main Metro station Berri-UQaM.

Use google maps for calculating your trips and check the option by Public Transit. It's amazing and it works in most cell phones. You need to give a time and a date of departure... since it is on real time.

Source(s): Residente
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.