How do I turn off the tap-to-click on my Dell Inspiron 1520?

I just got a new laptop and I have no idea how to turn off the tap-to-click feature. I can't stand this feature as I always end up clicking when I don't want to. There's no touchpad option under "mouse" on my control panel either. What do I do?!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First you have to download the driver for touchpad.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/yhpf8op and select your operating system ( Windows XP or Vista ) then from the drivers list, select Input Device Drivers. Select the last option that says Dell Driver ( touchpad/pointing stick ) and download the driver. Then install this driver on your Inspiron 1520 ( restart the system if required ). Then goto Control Panel, double click on mouse option - there will be a Dell touchpad option now - Double click on the touchpad ( in the middle on the touchpad picture ) the Dell toucpad utility will open - then goto - touchpad settings - there will be an option that says ' tap to click ' - simply uncheck that option - then click on apply and OK . Now the tap-to-click is turned off. To turn is back on simply check the option and apply.

Hope this helps !!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The control panel for tochpads are normally down to the right on ur desktop?

Right click the icon and do ur stuff!

I hope it helps

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.