How do I turn off the tap-to-click on my Dell Inspiron 1520?

I just got a new laptop and I have no idea how to turn off the tap-to-click feature. I can't stand this feature as I always end up clicking when I don't want to. There's no touchpad option under "mouse" on my control panel either. What do I do?!

Favorite Answer

First you have to download the driver for touchpad.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/yhpf8op and select your operating system ( Windows XP or Vista ) then from the drivers list, select Input Device Drivers. Select the last option that says Dell Driver ( touchpad/pointing stick ) and download the driver. Then install this driver on your Inspiron 1520 ( restart the system if required ). Then goto Control Panel, double click on mouse option - there will be a Dell touchpad option now - Double click on the touchpad ( in the middle on the touchpad picture ) the Dell toucpad utility will open - then goto - touchpad settings - there will be an option that says ' tap to click ' - simply uncheck that option - then click on apply and OK . Now the tap-to-click is turned off. To turn is back on simply check the option and apply.

Hope this helps !!

The control panel for tochpads are normally down to the right on ur desktop?

Right click the icon and do ur stuff!

I hope it helps