Why do some Conservatives display the Confederate Flag on Independence Day?

I think the Confederate Flag is a disgrace to this nation. And all who support it should be tried for treason.

Favorite Answer

Conservatives? I think anyone who burns the American flag should be tried for treason! I think anyone anyone that dodged the draft should be tried for treason! I think the ACLU should be tried for treason! I think that anyone who thinks of cutting benefits toward our veterans and give the lions share to those on welfare should be tried for treason! I think that anyone who spits on an American soldier should be tried for treason!

And you attack someone because they MAYBE proud of their southern confederate heritage?!!

I could only imagine your reaction if I were to burn a Soviet flag, or the current day flag of China, or the flag of Cuba?! I hope to God that you are my neighbor so that way I will exercise my "Freedom Of Expression" right in front of your face I will burn the (communist) China flag, and the cuban flag!

Source(s): ME!!!

You know, the people that get all in a twist about the Confederate flag make me want to display it. I saw this Tshirt that I thought was quite funny. It had a Confederate flag with the words "I'm not wearing this shirt just to piss you off, but if it does, oh well."

As for your question, I've never seen that. Maybe some do. Or maybe you just have a great imagination.

• ms.
      5 years agoReport

Oh, please. Give me a break. You KNOW that sporting the Confederate flag is akin to saying you're racist...that's why you want to wear a t-shirt like that. You little rebel you.

Trust me, i'm sure it's not just conservatives. It go's back to history. When the civil war started the confederates were fighting for slavery, but they also didn't see it like that. They saw the north telling the south how to live. The south made it's money by cotton and they saw it as the north taking away the way they lived for decades. The north and the south were so different in culture it was like two different countries. That's why the south believed in their cause so much. Now days people who had history of past family fighting and dieing for their way to live is a source of pride to them...then again some people are just ignorant and stupid.

That flag has come to mean what liberals wanted it to. Prejudice and bigotry. Neither of which represent Conservatives. Next time some liberal teacher tells a child not to display the American flag for fear of offending some little communist in training....I hope you have the decency to notice that that is even more wrong than those nuts with the confederate flag.

The Confederate Flag should be revered. The Confederate Army was the greatest fighting force in world history!

They were outnumbered three to one.

Out equipped ten to one.

Still, they came within a couple of untimely events from winning.

Source(s): Those boys were so lean that the dead didn't even stink- just skin and sinewy muscle. After big battles it was easy to distinguish who was who because of the smell- true story!
  • Cinner

The Rebel flag doesn't automatically mean the person flying it believes in slavery. Some people in the south show their southern pride by flying that flag. Because public education is what it is these days many people probably don't even know the history of the flag.

I think *you* are a disgrace and I would not come to your defense if you were deported for your radical views but I would not advocate that. Are you one of the people that says Glenn Beck is dangerous? Do you support one's right to free speech by burning a flag which offends? But one cannot fly a flag that offends some? How messed up is that?

We do not need people in America that want radical action taken against law abiding citizens and free harmless expression should not be illegal so long as you are not forced to look.

Why do some Hispanics display the Mexican flag on independence day? I think the Mexican flag is a disgrace to this nation, and all who support it should be tried for treason.

Now doesn't my parroting of your inane question, with one minor change make me sound like a complete SOB? So, why do you think it sounds any better the way you wrote it?

I fly 4 flags on my property every day of the year

1 American flag (stars &stripes)

2 Marine Corps flag

3 POW MIA flag

4 Don't tread on me flag

none of these are the confederate flag, so come up with facts before shooting off your mouth

• Rachel

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Confederate Flag is a "disgrace." But it is annoying as hell.

Thank whatever gods may be, I'm a "Yank" and will be till I die. But the people who display the Confederate Flag, *none* of whom had any personal connection to it whatsoever [besides maybe a great-great-great-great-great grandfather who fought in the civil war or something], seriously? All they're saying is "We're too good for the Northerners, we've got our own culture and sh*t...yes, we lost the war but we can still STICK IT TO THE MAN!"

Source(s): >F*ck y'all? >_<