Is Taylor Lautner really Native American?

is there actually proof? is he enrolled in any tribe? does he have a CDIB? or is he just white pretending to be native like many many actors?

okay i admit that i already know he's not native american, but i just wanted to prove he's not native american to all those non-natives who think he is.

• Sarah
    Best Answer

There was a question very similar to yours, except the truth made everyone mad at me!!! lmao

Here's a link to the question, and my answer has a link to where I got the facts about him and his agent:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Amzqb...

Sorry, lazy today. Didn't want to retype it all. :)

But, nope, no enrollment, no CDIB, no people that claim him, nada. There were several actors qualified for the part who were REAL Natives, but that's Hollywood for you. Just like in the days of the old westerns, they'd rather cast white people to play the role of Natives. Some things will never change.

Unfortunately, fake Indians are not the only problem with the Twilight saga. The majority of the Quileute Nation lives below the federal poverty level, yet they are receiving nothing from the exploitation of their reservation or tribal name. It's non-Natives pocketing all the revenue from the tour buses that are now frequently on the reservation as well as the sweatshirts and bracelets now being sold with their logo. Also, many fail to realize that Twilight is FICTION. Many people believe the story was written based on facts, now assuming that Natives have legends of vampires and transforming into werewolves.

BTW: I don't think you sound "snooty" at all. People should realize there is a difference between BEING Native and DESCENDING from one. A REAL Native is part of a tribe. They know the ways of thier people. They know who they are and where they come from. A descendant is just that- they descended. Someone who has a Native somewhere back in thier family tree. A REAL Native doesn't "discover" they have native ancestory because it will help them get a movie role. And the majority of people who CLAIM descendacy have no proof to their claim. They have never done any geneology research to prove or disprove their ancestory.

Source(s): Potawatomi, born that way- didn't have to discover it
  • Lisa

It happens and has happened, otherwise I would not exist. My maternal grandmother was half Sauk and half German. My paternal grandfather was half Cherokee (Western Oklahoma band) and half well Caucasian. However, I will be honest the culture is lost. My grandmother knew how to speak a few words of my great-grandmother's language but that was about it. My grandfather was abandoned by his Cherokee father, so my grandfather knew little of his father and his culture. It does happen but I feel like mixed Natives are made to feel like they must choose. I think in the eyes of Native people you are either Native or you are not. I just attended my first pow wow yesterday because I want to learn and find what my family lost.

• Arggg

He's French, Dutch, German, Ottawa, and Potawatomi.

He's mixed, like a lot of Americans. White people can have a drop of Native American blood (many do). That doesn't make them eligible for a CDIB or membership in a tribe, but they're still descended from Native Americans. They're not "pretending" anything.

You haven't proven a thing. You sound kind of snooty.

Source(s): ethnicelebs.com

Native American (specifically Ottawa and Potawatomi) ancestry. Mother's side

Source(s): imdb.com

He's Native American from his mothers side

if you wanted to be technical yes he was born in the US/

Some one born in the US is Native American just like some one born in Canada is a native Canadian.

No he came from the planet Neblutrox which is filled with half retarded squinty eyed vampires.

He looks more venezuelan to me.

No i dont think soo, but he is HOT