Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

Difference between start and force start in bit torrent.?

Anyone help me what is the difference between start and force start in bit torrent while downloading a torrent.

•  
    Favorite Answer

"Start" starts a torrent normally. "Force Start" however, is a way to start torrents to bypass queue settings and seeding priority settings. It can also be used to make torrents keep running/start in "Turn Off" hours with the scheduler.

For example, if you set it to run 2 torrents max, but wanted to run a third, you could Force Start the third one. Forced torrents do not count towards the queue settings. Or, if you had torrents set to stop at 150% share ratio, but wanted one to keep going, you could Force Start it and it would not stop at 150%.

It's illegal to down load copyrighted torrents and you will wind up in trouble. I highly recommend using a VPN service when downloading torrents. I am using http://www.vpnmaster.org theypermit torrents on their European VPN servers.