promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
? asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

Is Japanese food mostly sea food?

I hate seafood, but whenever I watch anime, they're always eating like, beef and stuff. ;.;

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

rice is not sea food

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • MaMa
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'd just like to point out that beef isn't sea food...

That being said, Japanese cuisine does feature a lot of seafood, but that's probably because Japan is an island. There's water surrounding it. The sea is probably one of the easiest sources of food for them and that has incorporated itself into their regional cuisine. Before everyone was connected and the food supply was connected, people ate whatever was available locally. In Japan, seafood happened to be available so they ate a lot of it.

• 1 decade ago

well Japan is a group of islands that's why there are a lot of sea food in there cuisine but don't forget the famous super tender Kobe steak. If you haven't tried , you should give it a go. These cows are fed with beer and high quality food, they get pampered and massage too. So when they die they die happy and the meat tastes like heaven.

• 1 decade ago

Saying that Japanese food is mostly sea food, is like saying Mexican food is mostly tacos. Every culture eats a wide variety of food.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You can try sushi without seafood or maki roll (with vegetable or egg or fruit like avocado, mango)

How about Yasai Tempura (veggie like lotus root, mushroom, carrot, okra, egg plant,pumpkin etc)

Vegetarian Cold soba, Vegetarian Agedashi Tofu, Vegetarian Ramen, they don't and should not contain any product of seafood.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.