Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Lux as a first name 4 girl. Yes or no?

Yes, I posted a question a few mins ago. lol

I was just wondering if Lux would be ok for a first name.

Yes or no?

Thnx in advance ☆彡

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I love original names but like the first person who answered first, it does sound like a stripper or hookers name. Sorry! :(

• 4 years ago

Lux Name

• 5 years ago

Your characters all need a special characteristic to distinguish them from all the rest. I presume that the main character is Character 1. A main character needs to stand out from the rest, not only in appearance but also from her personality. If a character is not different from the others, it will result in the readers being confused by your story. Putting that aside, a name should be significant to a character and an unusual or unique name would probably be good for your main character as she comes from another planet? I believe a name like Cassia would be good for Character 1. For Character 4, name him Calico that would be cool. For Character 3, name her Aria cause shes supposed to be an angel? For Character 2 who is a normal guy name him something like Glade. For Character 5 name her something like Nikki. To make your story more interesting, i advise not just to keep it in a school context. Have a main character that people can relate to. Give your main character flaws. DO NOT make him or her perfect as that would result in a boring story.

• 1 decade ago

Nah. I don't think it's a name that people would identify with a girl, and that's always embarrassing. Lux doesn't roll of the tongue very well either, so I wouldn't even name a boy that. Lex, I think, is not only a lot cooler, but could also be associated with Lexi, which is very cute.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think Lux for a girl's name is pretty awful. We have a brand of bar soap in our area called Lux. Lux also rhymes with a cuss word that could place in her in the rather unfortunate position of being teased with some pretty terrible nicknames. Middle school could prove to be difficult with a name like Lux. I'd scrap it and keep looking.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, Maybe Lexy Lux for short or Alexis Lux fo short?

• 1 decade ago

I think it is a great idea. I also have an original name and that is probably why I like it. Those who don't seem to like it probably have more mainstream names. It all comes down to personal preference. If you like it, then name your daughter that and teach her to be proud. Believe me, having a unique name has definitely been a character building experience:) Good luck when your daughter arrives and congrats!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No. Lux comes from the Latin word "light"..

• 1 decade ago

I think it's great. It's frickin' original and cool; not like MacKenzie or Hannah, which everybody thinks is so great.

Or if it's boy -- Aiden. God I hate that name.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. That's a stripper name.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.