Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 years ago

Is it normal to feel sad for no reason?

I am 15 and all of a sudden i feel sad and depressed like i wanna just bawl my eyes out and im really not sure why.

Sometimes i get a boost of hapiness and idk why i do that either.

Idk wat i should do or what is going on?

Advice???

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hormones, sorry. I went through it too. It got a lot better around when I was 19ish. Sometimes I still get like that depending on where I am in my cycle.

Just wait, luckily you won't hate life & yourself for no reason forever. Everyone goes through this. Eventually your hormones stabilize, and stuff doesn't suck so much anymore. Just wait a few years.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I've had bulimia, depression and anxiety but i take pills for them now, it can get like that if not treated properly. If you're in a teen state of mind then it's normal but you should consider seeing someone anyways Most teens that expierence it will grow out of it but some don't and it gets really bad. It can also run in families. My mom, two sisters and brother have all been depressed.

• 10 years ago

My best guess, would be hormones. You're a teenage girl. Teenagers get moody for no particular reason, test limits (some more than others), laugh inappropriately (ie:// giggle during a sad movie)...

Not your fault.

If you're mood were to remain down... for days, weeks or even months...

Than I would be concerned.

I would cry myself to sleep every night and just want the 'pain' to end. That isn't good for anybody to experience.

That doesn't sound like your complaint.

Personally, I would be aware of it...

Talk to your mother, aunt... a female relative...

But, don't worry over it.

• Jon
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

There are scientific reasons and emotional reasons for your feelings. Flip flopping Hormones, mixed with the awkwardness of growing up, mixed with the troubles of going to school with others going through the same thing. We all go through weird transitions in life. Happy 4th!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

15 is an age in the transition of a child to an adult. it is common to have mood swings because of your changing hormones. nothing can be done about it it is a normal part of life. yes, it is normal.

Source(s): my 5th grade health class four years ago.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I remember feeling sad my entire sophmore year in high school

then junior year I was mad

senior year I was happy

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I think it's normal. Happens to me.

• 10 years ago

happens to me too. i wouldn't say its normal but many people seem to have this problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.