what happens if you put lemon juice on the skin then go out in the sun?

okay so i have darker than mixed race skin but its not fully black and i have been in the sun lately and i have tanned for a very long time and want to go back to my natural skin tone. i have heard that lemon juice lightens the skin but what happens if you go into the sun after applying lemon juice do you get a lot lighter because i no thats what happens with the hair.

also can you use concentrated lemon juice on the skin

all this applys too skin btw.

and do you no of any other natural lightners or manufactured ones you can buy in the uk.

i dont want to be lighter, i just want to go back to my natural shade :)

Favorite Answer

No don't do that my friend tried that do tan her self and it burnt her and made her have awful dry skin lemons and lemon juice are very acidic and it's not good to but acids on your skin in the sun. I've heard lemon juice works when you're inside but bad in the sun. Lemon juice in your hair lightens it in the sun.

A way to go back to your natural skin color is wear a lot of sun screen when even you go out into the sun and try to avoid to much sun light. Every one needs some sunlight it's a great source of vitamin D just don't stay out in the sun too long or you'll just get darker.

Source(s): me & my friend
  • dunton

Lemon And Sun

put on sunblock that has uvb and uva protection and don't go out in the sun as much. It'll take some time for your skin to go back to your original skin tone. lemon juice doesn't really work that well, it might even out your skin tone though.

It will make your skin better. If you have scars or age spots it'll help dimish em. Sorry honey, it won't give you that nice rich tan, but it will give you a more lively complection and get rid of oil.

What's good to use to remove dark skin spot on face

Here you go:(lemon out in the sun NEVER!! it can turn your skin BROWN!!)

Mix 1 table spoon of milk powder, 1 table spoon of honey, 1 table spoon of lemon juice, and ½ table spoon of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.

Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.

Place sliced raw potato on the face. It helps reduce blemishes and other marks.

Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is natural bleach.

Dried orange peels mixed with curd also help reduce blemishes and scars. Wash off this mixture with cold water after 15 minutes.

Soak 4 almonds overnight. Grind into a fine paste using milk. Apply on face and neck and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. Do this daily for 15 days, followed by twice a week.

A table spoon of gram flour mixed with 2 table spoon of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.

Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.

Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.

Source(s): I'm mixed but very pale and light until I get out into the sun i turn dark so i use these to get rid of the tan.

I know if you put it in your hair, it will lighten your hair. I don't know if I would trust putting it on your skin because it seems like it would tan your skin, not lighten it.

You don't need a skin lightener :/ Marcus Garvey = black is beautiful.