? asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 1 decade ago

How to access Facebook in china?

I’m in China for business and must access Facebook.

Does anybody know how to access Facebook in China?

I will be happy if there is a solution that doesn’t require any installation on my laptop, since I have bad experience with installing such software.

Also, if this solution will also allow me to upload photos to Facebook that would be great!

Hi Bonny,

You are right, Securitales works great.

I managed to upload photos and also chat.

Thanks for your quick reply :-)

Favorite Answer

The guys here are right.

Securitales is the new name in the proxy world.

They have developed something that nobody did before. As far as I know they are the only ones that can do video streaming and Web Applications such as Facebook Chat and others. If you just need to access a site to read the news or plain html websites, there are plenty of free options. The problem with those free proxies is that they can not do anything that has ajax or Flash in it.

Securitales can do both ajax and Flash web applications, and this is why they become so popular.

I have used several different proxy services. I don't use VPN's since I don't download anything to my computer that comes from an unknown source. When looking for a proxy service, make sure that the address is a secure URL which is httpS:// if they offer a free trial without asking for any personal information, that would seem reliable to me. You can read a helpful step by step guide here: http://www.travel-to-china.org/how-to-access-faceb... Good luck.

I have tried Securitales, Proxify and HideMyAss. Securitales is the only one that can do photo upload and Facebook Chat. I think it is also cheaper but that depends on which country you are, so check the price before you signup.

I have also tried some VPN Secure Tunneling accounts in the past but that required me to install additional software on my laptop, and I did not want to do that.

This is really nice.

I clicked on the try link in Securitales and it is actually working (I'm shocked!)

First time I see a web based proxy that can do Facebook Chat!

Nice!

I also use Securitales. It is very good for Facebook. I'm not sure if they can do Twitter as well. When I tried they said they are working on it. Maybe they fixed it.

It's exactly the same as accessing it from where ever you usually access it.

Just type in the url in the address bar...