where to go in san francisco?
Best place to visit in San Francisco
- ajtheactressLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
My Must Do San Francisco
1. Ride a Cable Car, the only moving historical landmark in the world. Stop off at the Cable Car Barn at Washington and Mason to get a full understanding of this unique form of transportation. Riding the Powell Hyde line will allow you to walk down Lombard Street, the famous crooked street.
2. Visit Alcatraz, this former prison is the most popular destination in San Francisco. The bay cruise to and from the island will give you the opportunity to see the skyline from the water a unique perspective. During the height of tourist season it is wise to purchase tickets before you arrive as tours are often sold out days to a week in advance.
3. Discover Coit Tower, Beautiful murals inside, impressive bay view from the tower or Pioneer Park at the base. After the tower descend Telegraph hill via the Filbert Steps on the east side of the park for a unique view of how folks on Telegraph Hill live. More beautiful bay views and the chance to hear and see the famous Parrots of Telegraph Hill.
4. Golden Gate Bridge, not just a feat of engineering, this 1.7 mile span offers incredible views of The City, the bay and the Pacific ocean. Be sure to visit Ft. Point under the bridge for a different view of this San Francisco Icon.
5. Explore Golden Gate Park, this large urban park can consume a whole day [or two]. The New Academy Science, Japanese Tea Garden, Deyoung Museum [American Art], the Arboretum, Bison Paddock, and Paddle boats are all worth a look and watch the sun go down over the Pacific over a drink or dinner at the Beach Chalet.
6. Chinatown, the most densely populated portion of San Francisco offers the largest Chinese center for shopping, food and unique architecture found outside of Asia. The best place to buy souvenirs to take home to friends and family.
7. North Beach, traditionally the Italian section of the city which has no beach but abounds in quaint shops, great restaurants and The City’s best coffee options.
8. Civic Center, the largest collection of Beaux Arts buildings in the US. Home to San Francisco City Hall, with a dome larger than the US Capital, the Asian Art Museum and the Modern San Francisco Library with its San Francisco History Room housing an eclectic collection of city artifacts and photographs.
9. Buena Vista Gardens, this urban park is home to; the Museum of Modern Art the Museum of The African Diaspora, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Contemporary Jewish Museum, Cartoon Art Museum and the Metreon will keep you entertained for hours.
10. Twin Peaks, see The City and the bay spread out at your feet. Especially captivating at night when the lights seem to go on for ever.Source(s): Tour guide, concierge, de facto native
- 4 years ago
San Francisco is a beautiful destination to visit solo or with family. It offers many attractions and activities to it's visitors like:
Walk or bike at Golden Gate Bridge
Driving at the world's most crookedest street( Lombard Street)
Historic Alcatraz Island
Watch the most tallest around the world in Muir Woods(National Park)
Go for a wine tour
- 4 years ago
Twin Peaks has great views of the city. Check out the Cliff House and Sutro Baths in the northe west corner of the city and get a great view of the ocean. There is a cave there too. From there you can hike the Lands End Trail and get a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The Golden Gate Park has many things to see such as museum, golf, garden, playgrounds, Japanese tea garden, disc golf course, windmill, hippies, trails, and bike rentals. The Castro has gay pride, Mission has great burritos, Market St has the best shopping. There are the Giants baseball team. There are the sea lions at the Warf. Eat dim sum in China Town and get a massage. Go to Oakland. Drive across the GG Bridge and see the huge trees in Muir Woods. Go to San Jose.
- 4 years ago
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous10 years ago