Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 10 years ago

Who is the National Council of La Raza to demand MLB to pull 2011 All-Star game from AZ?

Washington (CNN) - On the day of President Obama's immigration reform speech, several advocacy groups launched a campaign urging Major League Baseball move next summer's All-Star Game from Phoenix.

The 2011 All-Star Game is currently scheduled to take place in Arizona, a state that signed its controversial immigration bill into law this past April. Arizona's immigration law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there's reason suspect they're in the United States illegally. The law also targets businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly transport them.

The campaign, directed at MLB Commissioner Bud Selig, was launched as a joint effort by some civil rights groups such as the National Council of La Raza, Asian American Justice Center, Center for Community Change, League of United Latin American Citizens, and the National Puerto Rican Coalition.

As part of the campaign, a petition has been posted on the website urging those who oppose the law to send a letter not only to Selig but to their favorite baseball team's general manager.

This campaign is urging its supporters to "uphold our nation's diversity," and encourages its supporters to call Selig by posting the MLB's phone number on their site.

The web site said baseball is a game "that transcends all barriers and brings America together, reminding us of what makes us unique: our diversity." The site also said America's favorite pastime "is in danger of losing its reputation," if the game is held in Arizona.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/01/gr...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They are la raza which means THE RACE. They are the only group in America that can be openly racist and not have corporate America or the American people denounce them. So if WE THE PEOPLE are so STUPID and COWARDLY that we won't stand up and stand together against these la raza nazi KKKlan with a Tan MESSYcans. WE THE PEOPLE deserve what we are going to get. Just like the Jews wouldn't stand up for themselves in Nazi germany when they saw what was coming. So too are Americans becoming a hated minority in our own country.

• 4 years ago

I like the added players, and the ability to replace any injured player. I don't like the DH every year, but I can understand why they did it; I liked how it was only used in AL parks. The rule about pitchers not being in the All-Star game if they pitched the Sunday before- will they still be 'officially' All-Stars? Or will they be 'kicked off the team'? I think it's clear that they REALLY don't want another tie- didn't last years go into extra-innings? Maybe they should make a rule about how many innings the starter has to pitch? I don't think it's fair that the All-Star Game determines home field advantage in the WS, but I DO think the All Star game should count for 'something'. What would other options be, though?

• 10 years ago

Although I do not agree with the actual Arizona law, a stand has to be taken somewhere on the matter of illegal immigration, The All Star game is not the stance to take on this issue

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The piece of filth otherwise known as la raza is nothing short of a festering sack of hypocritical Neanderthals with the unmitigated gall to call someone else "racist". They are irrelevant pieces of subhuman intelligence filth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

When Christian-heritage white people stand up for themselves -- whatever it takes -- we won't have to deal with this anymore.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Who are they? They are an interest group. They can ask for whatever they want. It's their freedom-of-speech right.

• 10 years ago

Larazicans can't afford tickets anyway...

• wdx2bb
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

You can always ask. But that doesn't mean anyone has to listen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.