Germany v Spain: Can Spain do it?

I really would love to say that Spain will beat Germany. But i just can't see it happening. Germany have been ruthless in this tournament and played fantastic football. They were 14/1 at the start of the tournament to emerge victorious, and that was only because of their 2008 sort-of success.

However, England have been shocking in this tournament and got thrashed - Argentina have been good, but have not played anyone big in the tournament so far, and in the qualifiers they could only win two games at home and only finished 4th in their group.

So, Argentina don't perform against good teams, under Maradona anyway and England have been shocking altogether in this cup. So will Spain be able to put Germany in their place next week?

Favorite Answer

yh james germany might of won them games by 4 but look at the teams they played australia crap england had a shocking cup ghana they just about beat Argentina just about qualified for the world cup and ain't u forgetting germany lost to serbia in the groups spain to win the would cup

Germany will win. Let me give you reasons why:

W: 4-0 over Australia

W: 1-0 over Ghana

W: 4-1 over England

W: 4-0 over Argentina

That's a +12 goal differential and +8 against premier teams like England and Argentina. Germany has proven that they can beat the good teams; Spain not so much. Portugal and Paraguay are not premier teams and were overrated in this tournament.

Here are some more reasons:

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Miroslav Klose

Lukas Podolski

Tomas Mueller

And have we forgotten that Spain lost to Switzerland in the Group Stage?

I'd like to see them win it, but I can't see it happening. Spain, are an attacking team who like to pass it around then work the ball into the box. If you watch the Germany - Argentina game, Germany had plenty of men back defending, and closed Argentina down really well, and when Germany received the ball at the back, they destroyed Argentina on the counter. They did the exact same thing against England. They are the masters of countering with their pace and their young quality. In the Spain game, they'll just wait for Spain to attack and pass the ball around the box, they'll scoop up the ball, and again, wreck them on the counter. If Spain are to win the game, they'll have to take a different approach to the game.

No. I'd love to see Spanish artistic brilliance win against the scientific German blitzkrieg, but Spain's own ataque is its Achilles heel. The ugly truth is that despite their massive possession, they've only just been scrapping through and their few goals have all come from just one man, Villa - who the fantastically disciplined German defense will do everything to shut down. Del Bosque risked a lot trying to play Torres into form through the tournament - which shows you how desperate he is to have another focus of attack - but his calculated gamble fielding a match unready Torres has not paid off. Surely he has to leave the unfortunate Torres on the bench against the Germany and try somebody else. God knows how Spain is to get goals while the tireless young German sturmtroopers launch endless fast counter attacks at the other end. They'll just run Spain ragged and then the famous Spanish passing will become lose. I hope del Bosque and his boys have a surprise for us. Would it negate Spain's own strengths to adopt Serb tactics?

I don't know. I think Spain underrated Paraguay that's why they played so bad. They're lucky that they won. I think after the 4-0 victory of Germany they won't underrate them.

Germany didn't underrate Argentina and England and trained hard for winning. I fear that they are too assured now that they're going to win against Spain, cause Spain played bad, and cause of this they won't train hard and loose -.-

And the worst about that whole thing is I don't know for which team I should cheer :(

both of the teams were tested that real hard test. maybe Portugal for Spain and Argentina for Germany every one has got points of power and weakness maybe Germany performed well but Spain did will to i thin the expectations wil be 50% for the both teams cuz they made a good journey in the world cup. i do cheer spain they really deserve a world cup for once in it's history. i wish good luck but Germany wont be an easy prey.

Yes

Spain defence is sick

no one can get through the them

Spain beated Germany in Euro 2008 final

I think they can Italy did it last cup so can Spain however Germany is not going to let them just take it it will be a good game.

Germany is quite a strong team but i want Spain to win

• KP

I love to see Holland and Germany in the final game. It means that Spain can't do it.