myant
Lv 6
myant asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

if someone promises something then does something opposite what do you call it?

I was listening to C-SPAN which is something I very rarely do but this was an eye opener for me...the financial services committee members were discussing "pay for" and it came to light the democratically controlled congress had promised the american taxpayer they would use taxpayer money to pay some of the debt to China... instead what the democrats did was use those monies for other things... I was shocked at the "so what" attitude of the likes of Dodd, Franks and others. Senator Bob Corker (R) of Tennessee spoke in plain english. He wants the american people to be told the truth... he was irate at the deceptive actions of congress... Senator Mike Crapo (R) of Idaho indicated it was a violation to use monies marked to reduce the deficit and just spend it to offset NEW spending...Shelby (R) Alabama, Chambless (R) Georgia Judd Gregg (R) New Hampshire, Rep Spencer Bachus (R) Alabama, Rep Ed Royce (R) California, Rep Jeb Hensarling (R) Texas, Rep Judy Biggert (R) Illinois Rep Shelly Moore Capito (R) WV were in agreement on the fact that the democratic congress blatantly committed "fundamentally unfair,deceptive and abusive" gimmicks against the American people... Rep Scott Garrett (R) NJ explained how the New Jersey Governor, Chris Christy is making specific spending cuts and NOT INCREASING TAXES... however the democratically ruled congress comes up with the statement "that there is no other way except the passage of their proposed amendment..."

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

It's called corruption. The government is filled with it. And the lame stream news media helps perpetuate it with biased stories. We need to eliminate both.

• 10 years ago

A promise breaker.

• 10 years ago

A lie

• 10 years ago

You can't listen to biased opinion. If you listen to republicans, democrats will seem like scum. If you listen to democrats, republicans will seem like they are the scum.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

somebody shouldnt promise something if they cant keep it, thats not right i hate when ppl do that

• 10 years ago

a politician

• 10 years ago

GWB.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.