Siamese and another cat?

A couple of months ago, I rescued my Siamese Lucy as dog fighting bait. After a few months of watching her act with my mother in laws siamese mixes [she has 5!] me and my husband decided to get her a "friend". Lucy is SPOILED, she is the light of our life! We decided to get another Siamese mixed breed... show more A couple of months ago, I rescued my Siamese Lucy as dog fighting bait. After a few months of watching her act with my mother in laws siamese mixes [she has 5!] me and my husband decided to get her a "friend".

Lucy is SPOILED, she is the light of our life! We decided to get another Siamese mixed breed a little younger than her. Lucy is 8 months old, and our new kitty-Jewel is 6 months old. We haven't had them over 24 hours and Lucy absolutely hates us now. Lucy refuses us to pet her and when we pick her up she screams. I loved her cuddly nature and my first question is: will she ever get back to being my loving spoiled rotten baby?

Jewel, being a playful little darling was also a rescue from our shelters "death row" will run and attack Lucy and antagonize Lucy to no end. I can't tell if Jewel is trying to play with Lucy or if she is trying to become dominant.We have attempted to keep them separated during their greeting, but they will fight if we keep one secluded through the doors, if we have them out in open space they are fine. It is just Jewel likes to run up on Lucy and Lucy obviously cannot stand that!

My second question is, what is the average time it takes for them to get used to each other, and thirdly what is Jewel doing and is there a way to avoid it.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.