How do shy girls behave around a guy that they find attractive?

So there's this pretty Christian girl that I've been crushing on. We've made small talk, but I haven't really pursued her because I'm trying to see if she is attracted to me before I do. I have a gut feeling that she might be attracted to me, but I'm not sure. I went to a party last... show more So there's this pretty Christian girl that I've been crushing on. We've made small talk, but I haven't really pursued her because I'm trying to see if she is attracted to me before I do. I have a gut feeling that she might be attracted to me, but I'm not sure.

I went to a party last night. A bunch of guys were always around her because she is really pretty and nice. But she seems to avoid me.

I know that she told a guy that she likes listening to me because I seem really intelligent and I caught her staring at me last night but she quickly looked away.

She's pretty shy so I don't know how to read her. Moreover, she's 27 and I'm 23, so maybe the age gap bothers her?

If a shy girl likes you, how do they let you know?