What are your best moments and what are your worst moments, and how do your beliefs influence both?

For myself, I don't know that I have any "best" moments, at least not on any regular basis. I did interrupt someone making a very real effort to commit suicide, and, had I been even just a little bit late, they would not be alive. I don't think this is anything special, though; anyone would have... show more For myself, I don't know that I have any "best" moments, at least not on any regular basis. I did interrupt someone making a very real effort to commit suicide, and, had I been even just a little bit late, they would not be alive. I don't think this is anything special, though; anyone would have done the same in the situation. I think the closest I can come to a "best" moment is any moment where I manage to check my tendency to act out at my worst.

My worst moments are those where I lash out at people, generally when I take my frustrations over my health out on others. As far as how my beliefs influence these times, my Atheism reinforces for me that those times when I am rotten, as well as those times I am not-so-rotten, are all my own responsibility, and the only one who can affect the consequences for my actions are myself. The motivation to make amends is the simple validation of human dignity; my own, that is. When I perhaps act poorly, that is all too human, but to reflect on poor behaviour and recognize that it is not the best, that I have disappointed myself and not lived up to my best self, is also human. Humanity at one of its better times, that is.

Anyway, these are my thoughts in reference to myself and my beliefs. What are your thoughts on those times when you are at your best, and also when you are at your worst, and how do your beliefs reflect on them, and affect them?
Update: Edit: "is myself", not "are." Apologies.