Christians, was every living organism currently on Earth created by god in the Garden of Eden?

And if so, how do you explain HeLa cells? Are these more divine than our cells because of their special characteristics?
Update: No Chance Without Jesus - I'm going to make a special reiteration for you, my ungodly-talking friend, since unlike everyone else you didn't get the meaning the first time: Did god create all life the first week that the Universe existed as laid out in Genesis 1:1-31, or is it at all possible that he went... show more No Chance Without Jesus - I'm going to make a special reiteration for you, my ungodly-talking friend, since unlike everyone else you didn't get the meaning the first time: Did god create all life the first week that the Universe existed as laid out in Genesis 1:1-31, or is it at all possible that he went back to the drawing board, say, several decades ago to create some new stuff?
Update 2: @ HTacianas_II - Well, they ARE immortal, much like god, and unlike us. Does that make them closer to him than we are?