Is this the most insane form of Christian delusion?

I asked my internet Christian friend how she is able to believe something that does not have any evidence for its existence.

She gave me the following answer.

"I leave all my logical reasoning and thinking capability and go to HIS throne like how a child goes its father. He is the potter and I am the clay in HIS hands. If so, how can I question HIS existence and authority to prove my logical reasoning??"

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, at least your friend is honest.

• 1 decade ago

How well has logic and reasoning done in answering the basic question as to the orgin of life? In the end just to believe in our own existence we have to exhibit a level in faith. Logically by the standards of science that man created, we shouldn't even be here. Whether you are a proponent of the Big Bang Theory, Abiogeneisis, or God... none have been proved. So to believe we exist is to believe in something that hasn't been proven, so why give only the Christians a hard time about it?

• 1 decade ago

I feel sad for anyone that demotes the creator god to the level of a human King on his Throne. With his subjects at hand, the Lords, Princes, Angels, Demons, the tooth fairy and the village idiot. Do not they understand a creator god needs none of those things.

• Lolwut

I leave all my logical reasoning and thinking capability and go to ZEUS'S throne like how a child goes its father. He is the potter and I am the clay in ZEUS'S hands. If so, how can I question ZEUS'S existence and authority to prove my logical reasoning??

I leave all my logical reasoning and thinking capability and go to THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER'S throne like how a child goes its father. He is the potter and I am the clay in THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER'S hands. If so, how can I question THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER'S existence and authority to prove my logical reasoning??

etc etc

Source(s): agnostic
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Best way to argue with that sort of reasoning is to point out how silly one would look if they applied that same line of thought to somehting else... say the FSM.

"I know logically Italian cuisine can't be a God, but I leave my logical reasoning and thinking capability behind and go to HIS plate like how child goes to it's pudding cup... etc."

Your friend would have to laugh at that and maybe she'd see the error of her ways.

• 1 decade ago

Well that's kind of a bad way to put it to an atheist. I'm sure you can't understand that.

And there is incredible amounts of evidence for God's existence. It's all in how you interpret it. I see no evidence against his existence, that's for sure.

Peace ♥

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are trying to use logic and intelligence on some one who has "faith" which really means "I no longer have to think". It is a losing game.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Reading the Bible helps me to understand a lot of things and there is a lot of things I don't understand about the Bible.But there is something in side me telling me its the truth.If it was not for the Old Testament I could not believe New Testament.

Source(s): His Word.
  • 1 decade ago

Atheists, can I borrow five dollars?

I need to buy a mini Bible made in Dane Cook's bible factory.

• 1 decade ago

It's probably a character trait that leads to deference and obeisance rather than questioning and curiosity.

That's not uncommon, and the specific beliefs are the result of indoctrination.

• Ridney
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

....Her parents must have been the most patriarchal, controlling, overbearing, brainwashing couple ever. It's not even a religious issue to me. Why would anyone feel that way about approaching her father, or anyone else?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.