promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Tony D asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Is Anderson Silva Black?

i Know he is brazilian but is he african brazillian? like an african american?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

um.. his skin is black so yeah, he's black. as for Africa, yes. he has roots in Africa. he has said his ancestors were in the triangle slave trade.

as for the other answerer who said Silva is a Brazilian name. Jackson and Washington are American names hence the founding fathers. BUT it is common for slave owners to give their last name to their slaves hence Booker T. Washington or Quinton Jackson (who has REPEATEDLY stated his slave ancestors)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Joan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Um... he's black. I don't know why that's so hard to figure out. Most of the slaves from Africa, back during those horrible times, actually ended up in Brazil. Brazil does have a lot of racial mixing with those of African, European, and native Indian decent, but Silva's a black guy.

• hes like brazillian of african descent

• 10 years ago

Lol..African Brazilian. Yes he is obviously black. Who said that Brazilians have a designated color? Just because he is black means that his family comes from Africa? Brazilians come in all colors man. Also since Silva is a traditional Brazilian name, I assume that his family linage is based out of Brazil.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

why yes, he is quiet black

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes my friend

• 10 years ago

ANDERSON SILVA IS BLACK......DIDNT YOU SEE HIM DANCING AGIANST DEMIAN MAIA ???? HAHAHAHA NAH HES BRAZILIAN HE MIGHT HAVE SOME AFRICAN IN THE IDK THO GOOGLE IT.

• Taz
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

hahahahahahaha

• have you seen him?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.