why does being gay is synonyms of an effeminate man and lesbian is synonym of being masculine woman?

because you can notice them easily?

Favorite Answer

This is one of the less reliable stereotypes, every gay guy I've been with has been masculine, just like myself, and I've known several effeminate guys who are married with children.

Exactly the same can be said about the masculine lesbian, these are just stereotypes propagated by the media so that they can identify people as being homosexual quickly in TV and movies.

Perhaps if the general public wasn't so shallow, they'd see through this, and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Source(s): Personal experience.

Effeminate Synonym

• Kevin

They're the stereotypical gays that stick out in a crowd. There are stereotypes for all people but being gay is like one you can't tell right off the bat so people look for things to confirm their belief. Like if i said, "This guy with a huge penis that can't swim broke into my house and stole my tv" You'd probably ask next "Was he black?"

And you are right gays/lesbians sticking out is a reason the stereotype stuck.

Source(s): Good luck and hope this helps!

Only in the eyes of the ignorant :) It is just a stereotype. As you suggested, many people believe it because those are the more noticeable ones.

You should use, "seem" instead of "is."

And because of stereotypes. Being gay does not mean you are effeminate and being lesbian does not mean you are butch.

Cheers,

Captain Jack.

i have no idea bro, but this is a common problem, usually when i tell people im gay, they usually get freaked out, specially guys, and girls get all bummed out, many girls later tell me they had a thing for me, but since im gay and all,

this isn't really an answer but, yeah its a pain in the rear, thinking Gays are feminine boys

Hmm!!...Stereotype.....I am a lesbian and not Masculine. I wear makeup, have long hair....I dress more girlish

Yah, the other ones are not so obvious since you can't tell if they are gay or not. I am not feminine and I am gay.

• pb&j

its all Inhingus McDuggan Fluggan's fault.