Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 1 decade ago

How much money would you bring to gamble with to Las Vegas for 4 days ?

Favorite Answer

It really depends on what games you plan on playing, but also where and how long you want to play them

If you play table games, and are on the Strip, expect table minimums of $10 and up at blackjack, craps, and roulette tables. If it's on the weekend, minimum bets go up. If you go to smaller, locals-type properties off the strip (Boyd's casinos like The Orleans, or Stations casinos, like Texas Station), you can find tables with lower minimum bets.

Even playing correct basic strategy at the blackjack tables, I'd say you'd probably need $250 a day if you wanted enough to play at those stakes.

If you play slots you can get by on a lot less. There are tons of fun new "penny" slots. They're called penny slots, but in reality you have to bet 1 cent on each of 20-45 lines to be eligible for the machine bonus. They're a lot of fun and relatively cheap to play. You could have a ton of fun for less than $100 a day.

Your money goes a lot further at locals type properties. Be sure to join the players club and use the card wherever you do choose to play. Future room and entertainment offers are linked to your play, so it pays to be a registered player.

I am going to attempt this without sounding like a Dad...which I am.... Whatever money you decide to spend, don't walk around with a big wad of cash. If you must carry cash, leave some in the hotel room safe. Make a plan and stick to it. You need more than you think. You will gamble more than you think. This is not your last trip to Vegas so don't act and or spend like it is. Create a budget of $750 (after flight and hotel) if it fits your life and plan to bring $200 home. If that doesn't fit your life/job, reduce it. OK, I sound like a Dad but I can't help it. Note that your question asks how much you NEED. You don't NEED as much at $750. You can have fun and get by on much less. There are lots of vacations in your future!

This depends on how much you want to gamble. Are you one who'd do it all day for all 4 of those days? If so...better make sure you've got 4 grand. A thousand a day could go super easy. And, make sure that's 4 grand you're not going to miss. Have so much fun tho! Gambling is soooo addictive! Make sure you take a break for a drink every hour or so.

• lvgeno

I personally would bring $400 as I limit myself to gamble $100 per day. Only you know what you can afford to loose on gambling.

Depends on your income but generally people aim for $150 - $250 per day

I think it really just depends on how much u plan on spending. If your a big gambler then maybe the min on $1000. but if your a high roller i would say just keep your debit card handy. Just cause its Vegas doesn't mean your going to win.

• Dash

I would bring about a thousand dollars.

Some people bring a lot more than that. Others don't bring much at all.

dude 1000 money goes fast out here XD

thats if your a big time spinner or like 450 if you spend wisely :)