Sharpee asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the name Amanda Jo?

Do you think she would get called Amanda Jo or do you think Jo would just get lost?

Favorite Answer

I would personally use Jo as a middle name, so she could either be called Amanda Jo or just Amanda, if she chooses. Or you could even make it Amanda Josephine, which would be really pretty. She could still be Amanda Jo for short.

I would hope the jo would get lost. Amanda is a real girly name and then Jo is real plain and it doesnt flow well with me. Another thing to keep in mind is that people may end up calling her AJ too...

I think another Middle name that flows better with amanda would be best. I plan on naming my baby if its a girl- Alivia Jo. It flows alittle better, I like the 2 names just not so much together!

I don't like the Jo. I think they'd just call her Amanda.

I don't like either name, and I don't like them together at all. For some reason the Jo at the end of a name bugs me. It's not very feminine to me at all, and sounds sort of "redneck". I honestly don't mean to be rude. I believe though that if you LOVE a name very much than it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. The Amanda part is okay..just sort of common, and boring to me.

Amanda is beautiful. Jo: not so much

I'd get rid of Jo. It just doesn't flow right

How about just plain Amanda?